Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lake Louise

Whoosh.

The month of May was a woosh. From Brooklyn's birthday, my birthday, mother's day, a visit from my parents, and a trip to Canada to see Scott's family and celebrate 100 years of Grandma Cleo... whoosh. A wonderful whoosh. 

I have a lot of gushing to do of the whooshing. But I'll start with this. 

In 2009, Scott and I visited Lake Louise in Canada for the first time together. It is a dreamy piece of nature for which I had swooned long before my visit. It did not disappoint that July. The Rocky-top glacier and the wild poppies were enough to fix the spot of Lake Louise pretty deep into me. We had been married just six months, and couldn't wait for a second visit someday.


Five years later we were able to make our second trip. Beautiful Lake Louise in May did not disappoint, though snow surrounded us and Spring had yet to wake the poppies. It was a different kind of beautiful that endears Lake Louise to me further and still. 

I took a moment to breathe in the Rocky Mountain air, filling and sustaining me for who-knows-how-long until we stood in that natural V again. Five years ago, I couldn't imagine how my family would grow before our next visit. I left feeling full. Grateful for coming full circle with full arms and a very full heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment