Wednesday, October 28, 2009

AUTOMATIC DOORS

Automatic Doors

I need to stop believing that objects and fictional friends have actual human emotions. I know my sister understands this...

Last night Scott and I watched a little 20 minute show... his favorite Halloween television show, "The Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile." We just looked it up on google. It was an old Raggedy Ann and Andy show... it was the cutest little show. The little cartoon boy on it actually reminded me of Scotty as a kid (at least what I've seen in pictures). Anyway.... there's this really sad pumpkin at the pumpkin patch... the last one left on Halloween night. And he's just bawling his eyes out that no one wants him and that he's a reject... I about cried. Poor guy. Luckily things work out for him in the end. But this guy went through a lot.

I have never been able to pack all of my stuffed animals away in a box. I had them ALL sitting on display in my bedroom until I got married. I just can't stand the feeling of guilt. Looking them in the eye as I put them away in a box... I'm sorry, I just can't take it.

I can't stand leaving a bite of food on the plate if that bite is the only one left. A grape... a noodle... I just feel like that last bit of food must feel bad that it was the only one that didn't get eaten. It is just going to be tossed in the garbage or down the sink... never being able to fulfill its true potential.

I don't know if Scott knew what he was getting himself into when he married me.

5 comments:

  1. It's okay. I apologize when I step on grass, pick a flower, say something slightly mean to my puppy etc. I also apologize to my books when they have been left on the floor or thrown across the room in rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why we have gotten along so well, roomie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha!! This is so cute! You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Always, everything. Oops, sorry keyboard,didn't mean to bump you.

    ReplyDelete