Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bold all of the things that you have done...

1. Started your own blog (Eh hem. Yep)
2. Slept under the stars (For five months in a row!)

3. Played in a band (No official band... sadly. But plenty of good ol' bluegrass and folk jams)
4. Visited Hawaii (Twice: once in fifth grade, once in seventh. Thanks Mom and Dad!)
5. Watched a Meteor Shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (Happiest place on Earth! Especially taking your three year-old nephew! I'm still trying to convince Scott we should make a stop next time we're visiting the family in SB)
8. Climbed a Mountain (Wouldn't be living this life I love if I hadn't climbed some mountains)
9. Held a praying mantis (Can't say that I can remember a specific time but I'm sure... at some point...)
10. Sang a solo (I think it started when I was Jiminy Cricket in the fifth grade play)
11. Bungee jumped (I. Wish.)
12. Visited Paris (Once in ninth grade with my mom, cousin Paul, and aunt Trisha. Again in college for study abroad. I LOVE FRANCE)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (Does the ocean count?)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (The violin? Quilting?)
15. Adopted a child (Eh. No.)
16. Had food poisoning (Blasted Costa Vida Pork Salad. Claimed half of my apartment complex as victims! Three days later I was so fatigued that I passed out one night while sitting in the bathroom sink... just something I do... and I fell to the ground and dislocated my shoulder. Luckily a friend who was an EMT happened to be across the street and popped it back into place.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (In middle school.)
18. Grown your own vegetables (Can I count sprouts in a jar in my kitchen? If not... then the veggies I grew at the ranch)

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (Twice. Smaller than you expect)
20. Slept on an overnight train (Wish I could say yes. Feel like I should be able to... but can't)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (Standard practice in Moab)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort (These are a few of my favorite things.... doo doo... doo doo.)

25. Held a Lamb (Baby goat. Close enough?)
26. Gone skinny dipping (Yes. My favorite time might have been at the Cysco put-in while Brenna and I waited for someone who could tow our van out of the river. We had to kill the time.)
27. Run a Marathon (Park City!)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (I'd be ashamed if I had to write no. Most beautiful artwork ever)
31. Hit a home run (In my case, the equivalent for this would be hit a baseball in general. I have done it!)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (from the America side)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Stood right at Liverpool thinking of family members who came through there. When I was in Scotland, I visited the castle of the Burnett Family, Crathes Castle. These are my dad's ancestors who settle in Eden. Their cabin now stands at This Is The Place Park. Isabel Burnett had brown curly hair, played the violin, and was a writer. I love family history. I was excited to visit the castle. I asked for a family discount, but the person didn't so much as snicker.)

35. Seen an Amish community (Yes. While on a church history tour in high school. I can't remember which one though or where we were. I know it was a large, well known community.)
36. Taught yourself a new language (Spanish. I also feel quite fluent in "Guy" thanks to my many guy friends over the years)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I'm pretty satisfied. There's always that one Anthro skirt or that one sexy backback... but I'm pretty happy, generally.)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (Yes'm. About all Pisa had to offer me, though)
39. Gone rock climbing (Weekly.)

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (Yes! In the most jamb-packed three-day trip to Florence and Rome ever!)

41. Sung karaoke (Moose's Grill, Park City. I don't think we were actually old enough to be in the bar, but it was after night-skiing in eighth grade... waiting for my dad to pick us up... Amelia, Sydney, Em, and me. We sang "Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath!")
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (Yellowstone Family Reunion trip. I think I was in middle school)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (Bought a stranger a meal on the streets of Rome.)
44. Visited Africa (Wish I were my husband sometimes... that's an adventure I want to catch up on).
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (put a friend into an ambulance and met him at the hospital. Closest I've gotten)
47. Had your portrait painted (when I was a little kid. It's hanging at my ma's house. Scott has also doodled me now and then)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (Incredible)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (Yes'm. In day and night)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (snorkeling in Hawaii. Wish I cold scuba)

52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud (This is where I want to insert a picture of my trip to Moon Lake with Amelia, Syd, and Em. He he he! Or my picture of Scotty and me in Tahoe with the black sand... see top of our blog on the right. I love mud.)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater (In high school. I think we saw "The Village." We sat in the bed of Steve's Tacoma.)
55. Been in a movie (youtube! and Scott's homemade creations)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China (Someday)
57. Started a business (Rock the Block Foundation!)
58. Taken a martial arts class (I won a free intro course. Em and I couldn't stop laughing and man was taking his Koji tree way to seriously!)
59. Visited Russia (oh, man. Someday)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I've eaten them. I didn't make it to Girl Scouts. I couldn't even last in Brownies)
62. Gone whale watching (Planning on it. Almost did it in SB over Christmas.)
63. Got flowers for no reason (I've been treated VERY well by my wonderful husband and some wonderful friends)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (Can't. Don't weigh enough. And I might have Mad Cow from living in England. What?)
65. Gone sky diving (Someday)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (many... so so many. Poor Scott had to have teddy bears on his bed for the first few months of marriage)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar (No interest)
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (lay off...)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (my arm three times... and MANY more)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (On a motorcycle, yes. NOT a speeding one.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (Best view ever... from the RIVER! For THREE WEEKS!)

80. Published a book (Someday)
81. Visited the Vatican (Wonderful memories.)
82. Bought a brand new car (I've loved my Monty and my Mr. G)
83. Walked in Jerusalem (Coming soon...)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (Not from cover to cover. But I"m sure by the time I add up the pieces.)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (A fish.)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (I feel like NOT KILLING people on the river was a round-about way of saving their lives. I pulled plenty of panicked souls out of the water)

90. Sat on a jury (Will dodge as long as possible!)
91. Met someone famous (Jerry Seinfeld)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit (I sort of wish I were in one now. I want my deposit back from our scummy landlord!)
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

No comments:

Post a Comment