Sunday, October 25, 2009

LET IT SNOW....

On Friday night Scott and I went to Provo. Thanks to BYU's two-for-one deal, we came home with a whole bunch of passes to do this...



At this glorious place....


















Woo hoo! We are SO excited!!! I have been an Alta skier for the past seven years, since my junior year of high school, but I grew up on Snowbird, so I'll have fun revisiting the old mining runs. Snowbird will be great for us this year (honestly, we're just happy to be able to go skiing anywhere! Last year we'd either hike the resorts and ski down or we'd try to score some half day passes off people who were leaving early), especially so Scott can strap on his snowboard. I would feel a little guilty if I forced him to stop snowboarding so I could ski Alta. I have completely come to grips with the fact that I married a snowboarder. He is SO GOOD at what he does. He snowboards like he surfs, and it's so fun to watch. I can handle him being a snowboarder. I'm not even ashamed!

So, I figure if our apartment is going to feel like a freezer, we might as well get some snow on the ground and enjoy it! I know a lot of people will hate me for saying that... especially since it's been such a beautiful fall with gorgeous weather. But at the Hannay home, we're living in an ice cave. I'll walk around our apartment in slippers and a down coat, all bundled up. Then I'll step outside and I'm WAY overdressed for the temperature. I have to shed a few layers. We're losing the battle with our landlord to get the heat turned on. Cold is no good... but if there's snow, it makes the cold totally worth it. I'm definitely getting the itch. I am ready to go skiing!!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey! I just found your blog!!!! I am so glad. I am way jealous that you will be skiing a lot this year. Sometime we will have to go when I have a day off. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky!!! I didn't even see this until today!!! OF COURSE we'll be skiing with you this year. You'll destroy me, as always... but I like keeping some traditions strong. We can even settle for Sundance. I remember twilight passes are really cheap.

    ReplyDelete