Thursday, October 15, 2009

BOO FLU SHOT

I am not a fan of the flu shot. I don't mind shots. When I was getting my shots caught up for my mission papers, I got six shots in my arm while standing in the waiting room where they weigh you before an appointment. I don't get scared, and I don't feel nervous or queezy. I was just hesitant about this particular shot. I've never had a flu shot before. I said no no no no no to it for weeks, and then caved and got it because several sources informed me that I would not get sick. One in four hundred get the flu from the flu shot. One in a thousand! There's nothing to worry about... HA! That'd be me... one in a thousand. A couple hours after the shot I started coughing a dry, painful kind of cough. All of a sudden my lungs felt tight and sore, like I had gone running in the middle of the night in winter. This is the feeling I get after asthma attacks. This is not fun. So I went to my trusty inhaler for a quick little puff. This thing is my best friend. It has accompanied me on all of my many adventures. We're great, together, really. Well this is the one time that my inhaler decided it was going to coat my throat and cause my throat to swell and be sore, making it difficult to swallow and breathe. This, combined with my sore and tight lungs, equaled a nap sitting upright in my bed. When I woke from this forty-five minute nap, my head had joined the party and felt like a ton of bricks were stuck inside my head where my brain is supposed to be. That's where we left off. I haven't felt this sick in a long time! Here I am in bed, with nothing better to do than complain... and blog.

I'm writing this all while in a humorous mood. I'm not really trying to complain... I just find this pretty funny. Hopefully a good-night-knock-out-sleep will help me feel as good as new tomorrow.



On a much happier note, congrats to Margy and Oliver who are celebrating four years of marriage today! We can't wait to hang out with you guys over Christmas break.

I totally stole this picture from their facebook profile. Hope that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment