Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'M REALLY FAILING WITH THE CAMERA THING

I have been so bad about taking my camera with me lately. I don't really like looking like the high school historian all over again, but I always end up being sad I didn't take pictures. One thing I've loved whenever we have friends over is that they always end up commenting on all of our pictures. I love that. I always want to have a ton of pictures throughout our home. I don't think I've printed any since our wedding, so all of the pictures in our apartment are from dating and being engaged. I need to start printing some more.

This was a fun weekend for us, but we also had a ton to get done. Initially we planned on driving down to Moab on Thursday night, but we decided we should stick around and catch up this weekend since we were gone last weekend (Scott took his scouts camping on Friday night, I went to a wedding reception for my roommate, Callie (Cockrell) BOWERS, and then we spend the rest of the weekend at my parent's cabin in Midway). Yesterday (Friday), we were able to do some studying, get new tires on the Jeep (thank you Dad!!!!) at Costco, do a massive build-up of laundry, help my mom get ready for her dinner party, get groceries (I know all this doesn't sound better than Moab), and then throw together a dinner for our friends. We invited some friends to go to the Warren Miller premier with us, and Matt and Loral ended up coming up so we decided to dinner before the show. This meant a mad cleaning job before they got here (hopefully they didn't notice we had broken a sweat running around and cleaning before they got here). It was fun for us to have friends over for dinner. It was the first time actually. we'll have to come up with another arrangement for future dinners. Our teeny kitchen doesn't fit four people for dinner very well! Matt and Loral were good sports, even through we had to block them in to their seats near the wall.

After dinner we drove to the show in hopes of winning some new K2s or something. No go, what a shock. But the movie was great and got us way too pumped for ski season. I'm realizing more and more how lucky I was to get ninety-nine dollar season passes in high school. Scott and I keep trying to justify how much we can spend on skiing this year. The Warren Miller movie made us temporarily lose perspective and want to blow all our savings. We're back now.

After the show we went to Jon and Annie Kimball's house for dessert and games. Jon is from Santa Barbara with Scott and Annie and I are both from Salt Lake. They couldn't make it to the show so they invited us to come over afterwards. I felt bad because it was pretty late, but I'm so glad we were able to go! It was so fun! I'm glad we got a chance to hang out with them. We haven't seen them since they're wedding, but they're always doing great game nights at their house. We talked about plans for Halloween, so hopefully we'll get to hang out a lot more before we all head out our separate ways.

It was one of the latest nights we've had in a while. But Scott got off for his class on time this morning, and I was able to catch a few extra hours of sleep. Today is jamb-packed with homework and getting all of the requirements straight for grad schools... application due dates, letters of recommendation, etc. It's exciting that we're diving into the process now. We're excited to see where we end up next!

We had fun with some friends this weekend, and we're happy to have such great friends. It's funny how almost all of Scott's Santa Barbara buddies got married at the same time, and most of them live here in Utah. We've had a lot of fun getting together as often as we do. The holidays will probably be pretty busy, but they'll also be fun. This year Scott and I will probably head out to Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving again. We'll spend Christmas here at my parent's cabin, and then spend a week in Santa Barbara with the Hannays. We're pretty spoiled to have the best of both worlds... skiing AND surfing for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment