Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS...

Johnny and I used to make our Christmas lists a month early. I remember how excited he'd get when the Toys R Us catalog came. I'd help him pick out which lego set he wanted because I loved to build the lego space ship or lego pirate ship, and then Johnny loved to play with it after I was finished. My favorite Christmas gift as a kid was when I was eight. My mom and dad got me a desk for my bedroom. An aspiring author, already sharing my pieces during reading time with my fellow second graders, I was thrilled to have my very own desk. That honestly was my favorite gift. I might have been more excited about my desk than I was about getting Pepper the following year. Of course I bonded with both of them over the years, and by the time I was in high school, I liked spending time with my dog much more than my desk. My favorite Christmas gift as an adult... if that's what I'm calling myself was the Yurt trip Scott gave me last year. I love that he knew me well enough to know that I'd much rather share the memory with my siblings than with friends.

I originally started this post, however to talk about what a weakling I am. I am a weakling of a wife.

I found out about this book from a friend. Click on the link and take a look on Amazon. You can preview the pages. I think it looks really great! I think what appeals to me most are the tips to stocking your pantry with different kinds of flour and things you need. Also, the sections about cooking by color and using natural sweeteners.



I have gone on record saying that the best gift for any occasion is always a book (although I'm trying to think of more creative gifts to give people for Christmas this year since everyone probably expects a book from me), and it got me thinking... I need all the help I can get with this cooking thing. I love cooking, but I don't know WHAT to cook! Even with cookbooks though, I find myself completely lost in the kitchen. I was talking to Laura this morning (my dear friend who knows how to do EVERYTHING I can't do), trying to brainstorm about easy delicious dinners to make. I'm out of ideas (I didn't have many to begin with).

Does anyone have any favorites?


All I want for Christmas is an amazing list of new recipes I can try...
And some advice about how to stock my pantry so I have the essentials on hand.

Am I boring?

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey I know for a fact that you are anything but a weakling of wife. In know that and I'm not even married to you!

    I don't have any recipes sorry. But someday when I get married I expect help from you.

    Most importantly Lindsey I wanted to thank you for calling me and leaving that amazing voice message!!! I LOVED it!!! It meant so much to me, mostly because I felt like I was able to give back in some small way what you have always given me. Thank you so much linds. And as I listened to the message I realized how grateful I am for our friendship and for you as a person. I love knowing that you understand me. It also reminded me of that time we sat at the park in Moab and talked. I miss doing that with you.

    Well I realize that this is a really long "comment" that I probably should e-mail next time. But I couldn't wait to read your new post and thought I might as well tell you what I think of you while I'm here. I think you are amazing and I love you.

    love, becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds..I love this post because I was just thinking the other day how fun it would be to start a recipe group where we get a bunch of girls and get together every so often and bring copies of our favorite recipes so sooner or later we will have this big book of good recipes. I know...kinda cheesy, but worth having new recipes. And if you and Scott are serious about a puppy let me know. They'll be ready to purchase at a low cost around the end of January...think about it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're NOT boring! And recipes are wonderful. I have a silly old photo album that I got at a thrift store when I was in college and have been stuffing it with scraps of recipes from all over. It's stuffed and needs help. And what's funny is I mostly just turn to allrecipes.com when I need to find something! Silly Margy. Miss you. Love the story about you being called Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "knows how to do everything you can't do"! Ha.

    ReplyDelete