Monday, December 14, 2009

ROB AND HEIDI (and the weekend a bit)

Friday was the night of the Christmas Concert with the Mormon Tab Choir and Natalie Cole as the guest singer. It was a bit of a traumatic experience (after arriving late I had to fight with the ushers... jolly seventy year-old men and women... to finally obtain my cozy and not embarrassing seat in a wheelchair. Scott sat a row ahead of me... and there I was... in a wheelchair). After my parents had to give up the two seats they were saving for Scott and me, I walked past eight seats being reserved with coats. I boiled up inside a bit... and about twenty minutes later Scott and I finally sat down to enjoy the concert. Scott probably enjoyed the fact that he didn't have to sit by me that night. I was a little fired up. Sitting in a wheelchair is actually not as comfortable as you'd think. It was precarious too... I never wanted to participate in a standing ovation because I worried my seat would roll out from under me and I'd fall to the ground when I tried to sit back down. All in all, though, the concert was wonderful, and I was so happy to have seen in from any seat. It's always one of the highlights of the season for me.

It was so fun to spend our Saturday up Big Cottonwood snowshoeing with Rob and Heidi. We don't see Rob nearly enough (even though we have a hobbit closet reserved for him at our house), and we loved getting to know Heidi a lot more. Hopefully this will happen again and again...



It was a beautiful day. I have waited and waited (not so patiently) for this snow, and I loved it. It snowed the entire time we were snowshoeing. We went on Saturday, so one day before the big storm on Sunday, but it was still great to be outside in the snow. After the Sunday storm, however, I am ready to head to the hills (for some skiing)!

Oh, don't mind the four-eyes. I am officially out of contacts. Sure, I like my glasses, but this particular pair is a little out-dated prescription-wise, and it's a little stretched out so it doesn't exactly fit over my left ear. But it gets the job done. Snowshoeing was a little interesting because the snow kept sticking to my lenses and blocking my view. Also, when I'd breathe heavily, they'd kind of fog up!

We're climbing tonight... so hopefully they'll stay put while I'm up on the wall! I could totally see my face getting sweaty, causing my glasses to slip right off my face and down to the unknown below. It might be kind of fun to climb blind.

Good news though.... new insurance is in line! Scott and I have eye appointments for tomorrow!

Afterwards Scott and I took a shot at Christmas shopping. We were able to get most of it done in an hour... but there's still a little more to do.

Sunday was great, because after a power outage at church and a long YM/YW meeting (apparently Scott is the scout master for our stake!), we were able to go to Sue and Thayer's for our Christmas dinner to initiate the beginning of all the other Christmas traditions to come. I love this dinner because it really gets me thinking about what I am grateful for. And I love all this time spent with family. This year we get the best out of both worlds! We get to spend the holiday season with both the Petersens/Earls and the Hannays!!! There's so much coming up!














2 comments:

  1. I missed your call Saturday. I'm so sorry! I wouldn't have been able to go but your invite meant so much to me! It looks like a blast! This christmas break - you and me with some serious updates. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glasses Linds! You're so cute. And Scott sure is lucky he married a woman who can get Christmas shopping done in an hour. You're awesome. Can't wait to see you. Wish we could go snow shoeing in SB - I've never done that!

    ReplyDelete