Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DEAR DECEMBER

Welcome. I'm very excited you're here. Do you think you could ask your friend Snow to join us for the holidays this year? No offense, but I don't think you are much fun without Snow.


Scott and I have been talking about this winter and how we hope to spend our time. We've realized that Scott comes alive in the summer. Summertime is the time to get outside... mountain bike... hike... climb... surf... swim... camp... river raft...wash the car. I love all these things too, but we've learned that I embrace winter so much more. For me, winter is the time to get outside... ski... snowshoe... sled... ice skate... play in the snow... camp. For some reason, I am so much more motivated to get outside when it's FREEZING outside. I don't know why, because it really doesn't make sense. Maybe it's just my unnatural love for Utah. I love winter. Most people are probably loving the sunshine and t shirt weather we're having now... but I want a blizzard! Christmas music just isn't the same if you're not listening to it as you sit and wait for your car windshield to thaw enough so you an see through it.

We went up to John and Jana's last night for dinner and to help Sarah with her BYU application. It was so nice of them to have us up! We loved helping Sarah and spending time with the whole Bilton family. It's nice to see them more often, so hopefully we'll be better about paying them some visits. For Christmas morning I want to head up to Farmington so we can see my nephews open their gifts and head to the Bilton's to see Tanner and Blake open theirs.

Jana was so nice and sent me home with a HUGE bin of Christmas decorations for my tree that my mom is letting me borrow from her. It made me so happy! It's fun to have something festive to put in my house. For Halloween my mom gave me Halloween placemats and it made the whole holiday so much better! My mom does a wonderful job decorating for Christmas, and for me, it's a big part of the holidays. So hopefully our tree, a wreath on our door, and maybe some Christmas lights in the window will make our apartment feel very homey and festive. So thanks to my mom and Jana, we will be having a snowman tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment