Thursday, December 10, 2009

THIS WEEK and ELEVEN!!!

I came across this quote yesterday, and I enjoyed thinking about it throughout the day. "You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body (C.S. Lewis)."

On a different note, Scott and I are already hooked on climbing again. We missed going last night since I had to go to Young Womens.

On a different note from that... I can't wait to get up in the mountains this weekend. Depending on the snow, we'll either use one of our ski passes or we'll just play around on snowshoes or our skis. It's hard to find the time these days, but this is what winter is all about! I have heard so many people complain about how cold Utah is in the winter. And it is cold... yes... but there is a trade off. The reason to put up with zero degree Wednesdays is the Saturday ski. The reason to put up with 5 mile-per-hour freeways is the Saturday ski. The reason for keeping spare socks in your car for when you step in snowbanks trying to get in it is the Saturday ski. (The reason to waste away your Friday night doing homework at the Law Library was for the Saturday ski.) I had a lot of wonderful friends at the Y who would gripe as soon as winter rolled around but refuse to set foot on the slopes! That's what makes winter worth it!

This past week all I can think of (besides the necessary Modern Poetry) is Christmas...



climbing...







skiing...









...and how I get to share all of these things with my wonderful husband (eleven months as of today!!!) and best friend! I am such a lucky girl. I have so much fun with Scott, and I know I always will!!!

2 comments:

  1. Linds I want to get to know Scott better. You are guys are so cute! I look at you two and i think, "I want to be like them." This weekend we are going to have some serious update time. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K I love your out door passion! Looks like you two are the perfect match :)... Jon and I were thinking it would be fun to have a Ginger bread decorating party with the santa Barbara clan- how is the next week or so looking?? Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete