Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chin Chin and Muck Muck

Our V Day weekend was fantastic.

How could it not be when it started out on Saturday with a little of this from my sister.

This is what sisters are for. For those of you who don't get along with your sisters and don't understand what sisters are for, I'll help you... this is it. This is what they're for. I'm so happy I have one who can appreciate these things and feels the need to call me THE INSTANT she discovers something truly this fantastic. "Two tickets to that thing you love... I'm on a horse."

Friday was an ordinary day with work and studying. Saturday started out pretty ordinary too with a lot of studying, laundry, grocery shopping, and getting everything clean so we could enjoy the weekend (I'm a Saturday morning cleaner). As the evening got closer, we started getting ready to go out for sushi and to the symphony (thanks to my wonderful parents who gave us the tickets). Scott was in heaven because he loves sushi. I was in heaven because I love Dvorchak. We had a great time.

After the symphony, we went home and celebrated Valentines Day the best way ever... by being together! Things have been so crazy lately that neither of us can remember the last time we were able to really spend time together. We're always together, you know, but we haven't been able to sit together and really spend time together lately without reading or studying or making lists. Scotty and I had a $20 limit for our gifts this year. I got Scott a harmonica, along with a book on how to play it and a capo for his guitar. I love hearing the lonesome sound of the harmonica in our apartment. It's so fun to watch him start putting songs together. It'll also be fun to take the harmonica on river trips and hikes and stuff. I'm so grateful Scott is so musical! Scott got me a couple beautiful rings and a bunch of songs on itunes from my favorite singer. And the romantic part of the evening was dancing to a Devendra song called "Chin Chin and Muck Muck (I do not endorse the lyrics, just the tune... as usually is the case with Devendra. The guy's a creep)." Man, I love this kid more and more every day. We spent the evening playing a bunch of our favorite songs on violin and guitar with martinelli's, chocolate covered strawberries, and delicious popcorn Hannay stove-top style.

Sunday morning was consisted of a delicious breakfast of oven-french toast... that was so sweet that we both could barely handle it! Neither of us sugar people, and this was a little much. After church we spent the evening at my parents' house celebrating Nick's birthday and Valentines Day. My parents were so nice sending us home with flowers, chocolates, and of course delicious leftovers. They take good care of us. It was so fun to watch some of the Olympics too. What could be a more romantic V Day than mocking the outfits of male figure skaters?

Thanks to the fancy counter at the bottom of our blog, I found out that Scott and I have been married one year... one month... one week... and one day! Wow. What's that anniversary? Copper? Should I give Scott a penny?

1 comment:

  1. we need to pop popcorn some time. i'd love to learn Hannay-style. and, also--i never got my pygmy marmoset, is it still in the mail??

    ReplyDelete