Monday, February 22, 2010

Tick Tock...

I had one of the happiest and rarest pleasures of my life this morning. It was really several pleasures in one!

I got to sleep in this morning until eight (I usually get up at 6 when Scott gets up for work. I have a problem sleeping in while Scott gets up for work. It's just not nice!)

I got to wake up next to Scott with the sun shining through our windows (we have the brightest bedroom!). This is especially nice for Scott since he never sees the sunlight!

And then I got to make my husband breakfast and listen to NPR while cleaning up the kitchen. It was so nice to have all this time in the morning to spend time together and get the house organized so the mess isn't waiting for me when I come home. I love having Scott home in the morning!

This morning I dropped Scotty off to take his long-awaited GMAT!!! I'm at work... just five short minutes from where he's testing... and I can't wait to see him! I know he's doing great! It's been an hour.... tick tock tick tock....

I got Scotty a gift card for a 1 1/2 hour massage today that he's going to go get today. I love getting Scott gifts... books... musical instruments... always things for him to DO. The problem is, though, that Scott always has too much to DO. So maybe by giving him gifts of things to DO I'm just making his list longer. I've noticed that it's hard for him to relax, because he's always thinking about the next thing on his list that he needs or wants to do. I love that about him! But he's been working so hard with the GMAT that I wanted to find a way to give him the gift of time, instead of adding things to do to his list. So I'm thrilled that Scott's going to go get a massage and spend an hour and a half thinking about... nothing! For a day that is usually not so bright, this Monday is shaping up to be a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment