Friday, February 26, 2010

I Know

I'm staying with my cousins for a few days while their parents are in Hawaii.

I know I'm getting old because it's 11:15 on a Friday night and I'm waiting up for my two cousins (senior and sophomore in high school) to get back from hanging with their friends. And I am really struggling to hold out. DEAD TIRED. I'm fantasizing about how nice it would have been to have gone to bed at 9:30 when my eleven-year old cousin Emma went to bed.

It's the same feeling I had a couple months ago when I was at the Gateway with my mom. She had some American Eagle credit left over from before Johnny left on his mission. I walked into the store with my mom. Scanned the room in an instant, and turned to my mom and said, "I'm old, aren't I?"

I keep thinking, "Maybe I should call their phones and see when they'll be back." Lame cousin! Lame cousin! Then I think, "That car sounded pretty nearby. I wonder if that was them getting dropped of."

How late to kids stay out? I forget.

Mom, I appreciate your many many years of sleep deprivation. Thank you.

1 comment: