Sunday, March 28, 2010

This Really Means a Lot to Me.

Scott and I have had this beautiful picture of the temple framed in our home ever since we got married.



I love it.

My best and most constant friend Emily painted this for us when we got engaged and gave it to us as a Christmas card. We put it in a 4x6 frame in our living room.

Over the past couple weeks, Scott and I have looked for a picture of the temple to frame, one large enough to put on our wall. I haven't seen a single picture of the temple that I like more than this one. It's gorgeous. And it means so much to me that Em would paint it for me. Scott says she could sell it. I know she could... but I kind of like that it was painted just for me!

So tonight I blew it up with my home scanner and printer. And I will now put it in a frame on my wall. Scott wants to take it somewhere special and put it on canvas. Until then, I'm putting up a temporary copy. My crumby printer doesn't really do the painting justice... but every time I look at it, I'll think of Em AND Scott...my two best friends!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey,

    That is a beautiful painting!!!

    www.winkflash.com if you upload your picture to this site and then wait for their sale, you can get a canvas 16X20 for like $30.

    ReplyDelete