Monday, April 19, 2010

First Sunburn of the Summer

Dousing each other with green aloe vera gel made for good entertainment for Andrew and Ben while they were in the bath tub and Grandma and Grandpa's house. Andrew loved watching me turn Scott into a "green goober." Ben was kind of concerned. Kirst told me Andrew was drawing Scott and me as "green goobers" this morning. I will have to frame that picture.

We were expecting it to be chilly down in Capitol Reef, but instead it was gorgeous!! Hello summer! I don't even know where spring went... cause this weekend went straight to summer. We had a wonderful weekend hiking throughout the washes, ridges, and slot canyons. It was such a fun trip for me because it was a combo of river friends and high school friends. I loved spending time with some of my favorite people, and I loved watching them get to know Scotty a bit better. Scott and I were talking about the weekends, and we realized that for the first time in our lives, the weeks go by a lot faster than the weekends! By the time Monday rolls around, it feels like we were able to pack so much into the weekend that it couldn't have been only two and a half days! That's good news, and we're hoping to keep it up all summer! It's only April and we're already checking off our summer list! I'm a happy girl. I love getaways with Scott. And it's so great to have a home that I love coming home to!

And I partook of my first watermelon of the season at my mom's house. Happy, happy girl.



As always, I ended up carrying Scott the entire way. What a wimp.
And when you scroll down, you'll see a picture of me eating Parry's head. I don't know what's going on there.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey and Scott, it's Sutton. Camille and Joe told us they went camping/hiking with you guys and that it was so fun. next time andrew and i wanna come! we love doing those kinds of things.

    hope to see you and scott soon!!

    ReplyDelete