Friday, April 9, 2010

She'll be comin' round the moun'ain

A couple days ago we were doing this...










... and loving it! We had the best powder day of our lives! But I must say, I sure love this warm weather, because last night we got to do this...



I love living so close to some of Utah's beautiful mountains! I can't express how wonderful it was to be on top of these peaks, running around in the snow with my best friend. Scott and I decided that these are the moments that keep our friendship strong and growing. These moments help us come home to ourselves. There is nothing better than climbing hilltops with by best friend, talking about everything under the sun. It is so great to take time to have good conversation... while treating our bodies well... while enjoying this gorgeous earth that comes back to life this time of year.

Why do so many people run in a stuffy gym surrounded by noise when the mountains are filled with so many trails, a breeze, and a freshness of smell? (I think free tanning beds are a really big draw. Sad.)

I'm a lucky girl. I married someone who loves everything I do, and I am just now starting to see what a blessing that is because we can share these things together. Scott proposed in the mountains behind our house. We call it "Engagement Hill." It's fun to revisit the specific peak, but all mountains remind me of how our relationship began. I love Scott so much. I'm so grateful for the wonderful life we are so blessed to live.

What a perfect way to spend an evening... or even a quick getaway. And just seconds away!

No comments:

Post a Comment