Monday, September 21, 2009

CANADA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

You'll enjoy this post so much more if you don't scroll down until you've read everything.

This is great. So Scott and I had a great Sunday, filled with family and an accidental nap (which was great, but it made Scott a little perturbed). We were able to see my parents for a quick minute, make a surprise visit to Kirsten, Nick, and the boys (the boys showed off their new bedrooms as they all get ready for baby number three to come in about three months), and spend the evening having dinner with John, Jana, Sarah, Tanner, and Blake Bilton. We hadn't been to the Bilton's since before our wedding. Scott lived with them while we were dating, and we LOVED catching up with them. So we come home, and I check my email to see an email from my Santa Barbara mom containing the most darling pictures of Scott. I hope our kids look exactly like this guy (maybe with my curly hair)! It was so fun and thoughtful of Lynne to send them, and it sent Scott and me into a fun conversation about being little and what his mom was like all growing up. We turned to Margy's blog for some more fun pictures of the Hannay family of the wee days gone by. We had a great time; I loved the pictures! Thank you Lynne. And thank you, Lynne for an even greater gift you gave me (without even knowing it). So I'm looking at this darling little picture, which is also the new desktop background on my laptop, and I think, "Hmmm.... I feel like I've seen this picture before." After a short time of pondering, I was able to put my finger on it. "I HAVE seen this picture before. In fact, I think I have it here somewhere....." I dig through my picture files for a few minutes and...

YES! HERE IT IS! 23 YEARS LATER! Hidden in a secret picture folder that contains those photos Scott and I have determined to be too embarrassing to submit to the eyes of our friends and family. But I was wrong. This isn't embarrassing! This is fantastic! Lynne, I always thought it particularly strange that Scott chose this particular pose when the camera approached, but now I see that it is just a natural response for him. I plan to document this pose throughout the years, as I'm sure it will visit often.

(To be clear, I had to secure Scott's permission before creating this blog post. He was very cooperative.)

1 comment: