Sunday, May 2, 2010

El Fin de Semana

We had another great weekend. On Friday Scott and I went to a wedding reception for our friend Jana and her husband Mark. I loved walking into the door and looking at a completely Jana wedding: simple and gorgeous. For food, they had a ton of different kinds of bread with cheese, jams, and other spreads to top the bread. I thought it was the cutest idea... like a tea party! After the reception, we made our way over to Momentum for a night of climbing.

On Saturday morning we woke up and went to the temple for a couple hours. It was a great start to the day... immediately countered, however, by the feeling of nastiness we got when we went to customer service at Walmart. After hearing a disgruntled customer flip out at the cashier, and after checking out some of the extraordinary Walmart characters, we left Walmart feeling gross and needing to revamp our spirits. The April showers subsided just long enough to allow us a beautiful bike ride up City Creek.



Do you love how we're always color-coordinated? Blue helmets. Red shells. Tan shorts. We were even both wearing black socks. Pah!

We fueled up after the ride with some delicious Mexican food (I love the coupons we get in the mail). Scotty got an enchilada that had a weird chocolate sauce on it that I've never heard of. But Mr. Latin America said he ate it all the time on either his mission or his travels. The kid never eats a bite of candy, but he'll eat his entrée smothered in chocolate. I gave it a shot... not bad for a combo dinner/dessert.

After dinner we got to spend some time with Adam, Becka, and Andrew. We hung out for a while, just catching up, and ended up watching Sherlock Holmes, which I really liked. The crew ended up spending the night, and we woke up to a rain-free morning so we went for a morning stroll through the avenues. It started raining the instant we got back. Andrew slept on our couch until about 11:00am, when we finally had to kick him out so we could head to church.

Now things are back to normal, and Scott and I are having a nice evening at home catching up on "stuff." We may or may not have taken a two hour nap today after church.

We had a wonderful Sunday. The theme of today's lessons and testimonies seemed to circulate around prayer. Scott and I both made some sincere discoveries in our hearts about different aspects of this principle. I feel like we truly are starting the week with strength and new resolves. I'm so grateful that I have Scott to strengthen and motivate me. I am always working hard to keep up!

The best of it is that it's May! I love this time of year; it's the time of year where things come to life. You know who else came to life in May? I did! I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday once again with a beautiful week on the river. It's such a great tradition, and the best gift Scott could give me. I love having so much that Scott and I enjoy together. The river is important to me because it's not only something we both loved to do before we got together, but also because it is HOW we got together. I can't help but feel a renewal of all the things I love about Scott and our relationship when I'm on the river. I can't help but feel more myself. I can't help but feel closer to the Lord when I don't let his glory and creation go to waste. I can't wait for the day when we can complete our own collection of gear!

1 comment:

  1. Mole= chocolate sauce. And it is amazing. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete