Monday, May 10, 2010

The Final Word

The final word for the night: I LOVE MY MOM! Mother's Day was a big blur of family and chaos, so of course blogging didn't make the to do list.



I love having a mom who doubles as my best friend. I learned over the years that not everyone is lucky enough to have that. I am, and I'm so grateful for it!







We had a wonderful celebrating Mother's Day at my parents' house with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces, and siblings (minus Doug and John). Looking around at such a big and wonderful family, I thought about the unique and special friendship I have with each of my cousins and family members. I thought about how lucky I am to have the solid family that I was born into, and it made me think about how grateful I am for my Grandma Joan who created this:







And my own Mom who created this (plus one):







And my sister (no, she isn't my mother, but she has taught me so much about motherhood though her example) who created this (plus Sarajane):







And my Grandma Pete who I don't see nearly enough who created this (plus about twenty more!):







And my mother-in-law Lynne who created this:







I am a lucky, lucky girl to be able to see, right before my eyes, the work of the God through these eternal families. I am so grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I'm so grateful for the divine role of mothers. I have seen what good comes out of this selfless service, and I have a lot of amazing examples to turn to when my turn comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment