Friday, May 7, 2010

Veddings.

Scott and I had a wonderful week celebrating the weddings of these great friends.

On Wednesday we went up to the Fort Douglas theater to see Tommy and Riley. Their reception was really fun and casual (Scott was in heaven because they had ahi tuna and cerviche). Riley has the cutest style, and it was really fun to meet her. Tommy is one of my best friends from the Y, and I couldn't be happier he found such a cute girl! Scott knew Riley from a random Moab trip a few years back and said she was a lot of fun. I love when things circulate the way they do and you end up having connections to everyone. Tommy and Riley are moving in just a few blocks away, so I'm hoping we'll get a chance to hang out and take some fun trips with them.

Jordan and Gabi's wedding was on Thursday. They're in the picture on the right. I took this picture at a rodeo in The Middle of Nowhere, Utah (that's the name of the city: The Middle of Nowhere). Scott and I know Jordan from the glory days of Stratford, Jamestown, and our awesome 61st ward. Gabi is from Brazil, where Jordan served his mission. They started dating down at the Y, and we were lucky enough to be on a few group dates with them. I really love Gabi and how easy-going she is. She's the easiest girl to like. Jordan is one of the nicest guys I've met, so odds are they're going to pretty happy. Their reception was at the Old Meeting House on Highland Drive. It was such a fun reception. We saw Sutton and Andrew Jensen in the parking lot as we pulled up, and we got to hang out with so many wonderful friends from that point on. This was such a fun wedding to go to because it also brought together a whole crew of 61st warders. We got to catch up with Eric, Dusty, Brad and Angie, Sutton and Andrew, Justin Osborne, and a bunch of other friends we hadn't seen in a while. We only have one year to hang out with Gabi and Jordan before they move to Brazil, so we'll have to make sure we see them and our other Provo friends a lot more often.














I have a lot of fun going to weddings. I love seeing friends and remembering my wedding and how much fun I had. I can honestly say that I loved everything about my wedding. My friends and family did so much to make it perfect, and it was! I loved that my mom and I were laid-back about everything, and it all came together the way it should. I loved the food. I loved the cake! I loved the place! I loved that all of our friends (and most of my parent's friends) stayed until the the end. I loved that I knew every single person in the room and ever person who signed our guest book. I loved the pictures of Scott and me covered in mud. I loved wearing my grandma's dress! I loved that Tyler made sure to have butter mints at my sign-in table. I love that we got a chance to eat our food. I love that we danced. I love that we didn't have a line. I loved running out of the humanities building through an aisle of sparklers. I loved looking at Scott and realizing that we were both smiling the biggest smiles we ever smiled. I loved that it was a party. I loved having the Tony Caputos beverage fountain. I loved the creepy painting on the wall. As beautiful as all my friend's weddings have been, I can say that I haven't been to a wedding yet where I thought that I would have rather done what they did. Our wedding was perfect for me!

Right person. Right place. Right Time.

After Jordan and Gabi's reception, we made a pit stop at steak night to catch up with some other friends. It was the most social week we've had in a while. It felt great to see friends and hang out, but it also felt good to crash in our bed at the end of the night. I'm afraid I'm just running out of the gas it takes to stay up late.

2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say, I just use the SURE JELL pectin and follow the recipe in the box. It's the quick and easy freezer jam recipe, not the cooked kind. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete