Wednesday, May 26, 2010

from kerouac to kate. from kate to me.

"We know time and we know that everything is really fine."

Then he whispered, clutching my sleeve, sweating, "Now you just dig them in front.
They have worries, they're counting the miles, they're thinking about where
to sleep tonight, how much money for gas, the weather, how they'll get
there- and all the time they'll get there anyway, you see. But they need to
worry and betray time with urgencies false and otherwise, purely anxious and
whiny, their souls really won't be at peace unless they can latch on to an
established and proven worry and having found it they assume facial
expressions to fit and go with it, which is, you see, unhappiness, and all
the time it all flies by them and they know it and that too worries them no
end."

2 comments:

  1. oh lindsey, you are loved and missed.

    (and i was just reading handwritten letters from jack k. to allen g. a few weeks ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!

    I can't see your blog! Do add me please! binz86@hotmail.com.

    I love you and miss you as well! Candace and I discussed a trip to Texas to see you! I would expect you to where a hat when you welcomed us.

    ReplyDelete