Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Garbage (Jarbidge) River

Last week we drove to Idaho to run the Jarbidge River...

We played some hearts... made some repairs... endured a wee bit of rain...
We came across a couple tricky portages.. played some botchie ball...
The food poisoning count for this trip: 4...
We visited some 140 degree hot springs and had to be really careful about where we were wading...
We hit the river at the perfect time for the perfect flow and the perfect rapids! We had such a fun trip with fun friends, and we look forward to more!










3 comments:

  1. you guys are so hardcore. and granola. and REI. remember when you were my river guide and (under your guidance) I went through some rapids, flipped my boat, and barely came out of it alive? Yes yes. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do remember! And all I could think about was how I was going to be responsible for the death of your unborn child! Why did I let my pregnant best friend ride a ducky!!!??!?

    It was pretty hard on me. I went to therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS!!! I hope I will marry someone who will help me be that hardcore. Love you linds! Take me on that river someday okay!?

    ReplyDelete