Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boxes...



...of peaches make me happy! I don't know who we think we are buying this many. But they are delicious! And we've already gone from three big serving bowls to two big serving bowls since Monday. Not bad!

We got the idea on Saturday when we were out for a morning run. Our neighbor has a pear tree, and we started picking some good-looking pears when I had the thought, "Today is Saturday!!! Farmers' Market!!!!" And I took off faster than I think Scott has ever seen me run.

We took the dirt bike, and minutes later we're downtown at the market. It is HUGE. I love it! Half of it is food, and half of it is art. There's a huge range of musicians and performers every couple feet. It's chaotic and fun, and the samples are DELICIOUS. It is one of my favorite things in life, the Farmers' Market. Any Farmers' Market. But the one is Salt Lake is especially fun. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy being in love with everything that entered my mouth or caught my eye.



We walked away with some delicious tomato pesto, Mediterranean-seasoned cheese curds, peaches (to snack on), raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and amazing honey butter. I was/am a happy HAPPY girl.

So we went through all the fruit... pretty much that afternoon. And so we needed to get some peaches to satisfy Scott's summer-long craving.

I'm so excited to finally have gotten involved with a local co-op. It really will make sense financially, and I'm excited about the locally-grown produce. I'm also excited because I never know what will come in my basket, so it'll be a challenge to come up with fun ways to cook new things! I get my first order on Saturday morning!

I worked all the rest of Saturday (11-8) whilst Scotty did his homework. It was a great Saturday, though. Running/garage sales, Farmers' Market, homework, the lovely store where I get to hang out every day, and then an evening at the park on our bicycles.

Sunday we had a nice time at home together, with a delicious dinner (that I'm surprised I pulled-off), and about ten minutes of a movie... which is about all we can handle. My favorite part of the day was our hike up to Engagement Hill (where we got engaged, you see). It was a gorgeous afternoon, and the yellow grass was blowing wildly as the wind got more and more aggressive. We had brought a blanket so we could read at the top, but we ended up turning it into a parachute and it took us flying! We'd hold it up against the wind and let go of it, then chase it. We'd hold it up above us and then leap off a ridge, and it would legitimately hold us for a while. I felt like the littlest of kids when every small thing can become an entertaining adventure. We had a blast. I laughed. I ran. I fell. I'm in love with Scott and grateful for all these good times (no matter how small and simple).

Monday was a weird Labor Day for us. Last year we were hiking King's Peak. This year Scott had to go to work (bleh) while I scrubbed floors and folded laundry. It was a good catch-up day. And I even found time in the morning to go for a nice mountain run and take a long bath (during which I fell asleep. I was dreaming I jumped from a foot stool, and I jolted awake, heard a splash, and got really really confused). We had a great time together when Scott came home early. We ended up going down to hang with Adam, Bekah, Matt, and Loral. Snow cones (even better than Bob's Brainfreeze is this place down in Orem), WinCo, and a delicious BBQ with homemade guacamole made it an awesome night with some of our closest friends. Scott and I feel so grateful for good friends and love seeing them as often as we do. I can honestly say that I wish we were all next-door neighbors. I think we'd have a blast!

The week began again... there was a break-in at my store, and I was able to identify the guy. So that was a bit of excitement. Scott and I are truly loving life. Scott is loving school. It's so great to see how his whole demeanor has brightened since classes began. He loves learning, and I think he's especially grateful for the welcome chance to stimulate his mind more during the week. I think work can be quite draining. For my part, I just try and keep our house as calming as I can and be up for anything at the drop of a dime. Scott and I have a wonderful life, and we're so grateful for it. I'm seeing more and more every day how good I've got it because of the man I chose to marry. I am a lucky girl, and a very happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment