Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm happy to have inherited...

...this picture from my wonderful friend Marianne. We were reunited minutes before this picture after that long and strange time where we were both supposed to be on missions in western states, but I mysteriously never made it out there. Marianne told me she had written me a letter or two in the MTC, and always wondered which Sister Petersen received them. I love love LOVE Marianne (I am quite fond of her, can you tell?). She is one of the most amazing examples in my life. She has been my Quickwater partner in crime for years, and a good friend throughout high school and college. I'm so lucky to have developed a friendship at a young age at the ranch, and to see what it has become since. I hope to develop half the sincerity and charity that I see in this girl.

Marianne finished her mentor duties... greeting the parents, organizing her girls, and saying goodbye... when she came to find me. Of course I was in the kitchen doing dishes. I feel so at home in that kitchen. I enjoy doing dishes there.

Here we are in the beautiful and nostalgic Quickwater kitchen. She had been a mentor at the girls' ranch while I was teaching classes and cooking at the boys ranch. I went over to the girls' ranch to see the final program and say goodbye to all the girls I know and love. Marianne was there, and we laughed and wandered around the ranch like the good old days. We found our tiles in the kitchen wall (I have more than 10); we made up chores to do; and we just had a blast being together again. Scott wasn't able to meet her.... yet.... but he will! I am completely confident that my friendship with Marianne will last forever because its foundation is based on real meshing of hearts.

Look how gorgeous she is! Oh the memories I have with this girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment