Tuesday, August 16, 2011

38.5 Weeks

I saw my doctor today. I'm not progressed much more than I was last week... which was a little disappointing. My doctor went to measure my stomach, which is pretty small for being full term.



"Well, this isn't going to be the worlds biggest baby, is it?" She said.



I was a little worried about what she meant by that, but she assured me that I'm a little girl, so it makes sense that I'd have a little baby. I told her that the baby had dropped quite a bit since last week, so maybe that could be the reason for my small belly (it's funny that I'm actually referring to my belly as small). She was surprised that the baby had dropped because I don't look like I'm carrying that low, but I have carried extremely high for my entire pregnancy. I can fit my whole hand, sitting flat, on top of my belly. Before last week, I wouldn't have been able to fit a finger.



So my doctor arranged for an ultrasound fluid test to make sure that my little belly wasn't a result of a lack of fluid. In the meantime she went on with my exam to see how far I've progressed, and she could tell for herself that the baby had definitely dropped a ton and was settling in nice and low. Hopefully that pressure and his current position will help me progress a little further in the next week, because I'm getting so anxious to get our little man out of there... not because I don't enjoy pregnancy or because I'm uncomfortable... mostly just because I want to know that he's safe.



I went in for my ultrasound to double check my fluid level. I was told that we had a problem if the measurement was lower than an 8. After catching a quick glimpse of our little guy on the screen, I was thrilled to know that the measurement was 17... so way above an 8!



So, Little Man is doing well! He may be little, but nothing out of the ordinary. He's just sitting low in my belly, which makes for flatter measurements. Phew!



I love having appointments once a week, because it is so good to know that we're keeping a close eye on him. I can't wait till he's here safely!



In other news... I had made plans to get my braces off and surprise Scott with my shiny white teeth! Unfortunately on Monday I found out I have another month or so to go! So instead of having pearly whites for that uncomfortable hospital time and recovery, I actually have every kind of metal known to man in my mouth! Them's the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment