Monday, August 15, 2011

Loose Ends

I'm finally starting to feel like I could be ready to have this baby. All the YW camps are done for the summer, and for the most part I'm planned through September. I've wrapped things up at work. I've gotten the house ready to go. I've gotten everything I need for the baby. I've checked off almost every check-off list I could make... except for the list that actually prepares me for motherhood and the physical trial that lies ahead. I can't even conceptualize the tasks that lay before me... so I focus on the things I can control... the things I can put on a list and check off one by one.



All that's left to do is try to prepare, enjoy the time I have with Scott, and rest to conserve energy.



But Scott and I have still been having plenty of fun amid all the school, work, and baby prep. We've had a few weddings of close friends (Jeff and Karen Klackring, Parry and Chelsea, Steve and Monica). One of which was a sealing in Spanish, which was so cool to experience. It definitely made me pay attention in a whole new way. Two Saturdays ago we were able to sneak away to Bear Lake on Friday night and stay through Saturday. It was "Raspberry Days" up in Bear Lake. So we took advantage of the art festival, the raspberry shakes, the beach, and the sunshine. I loved having a day to relax and hang with Scott. A plus of being nine months pregnant and boiling hot all the time: being able to withstand and even enjoy the freezing Bear Lake water. I loved it.







We got a little too much sun though and are still peeling and applying the aloe. No more sun for us.



It's time for us to get our rear in gear in the picture world again. Especially with Little Man making his debut in just two short weeks (or any day now). We've just gotten lazy, I guess... because this is the only picture we took the whole time. We didn't even capture the raspberry goodness on film.



And then this last weekend was a blast as well. We went to the Twilight concert series on Thursday night downtown at Pioneer Park, and we were so excited to see and hear Bright Eyes entertain for the evening. We go there just in time for our favorite Bright Eyes song. We love Salt Lake in the summertime. There's so much going on all the time. It's like the whole city can't wait to be outside after a long winter, so they never go inside again until October. We didn't stay too long at the concert though. It's funny how we've outgrown that scene in the last few years. We love the music, but it was too crowded for us.



I'm loving our little staycation adventures since we can't go too far or be too crazy in our weekend activities these days. Scott could sense that I had been working all day Friday and needed to get out of the house (I seriously miss my job). So he arranged a date for us to go up to the Summit County Fair in Coalville. BEST RODEO WE'VE EVER BEEN TO! We loved walking around the fair, eating traditional fair food, chatting with the prize-winning pigs, chickens, sheep, cows, and bunnies... taking a look at the homemade craft stand, listening to some spot-on Johnny Cash impersonators, watching a rodeo that the entire town seemed to be invested in, and rounding the night out with a better firework show than we saw on July 4th. Best date ever. I loved it. We had so much fun just hanging together and soaking it all in. I was supremely happy to be married to a guy who'll get a kick out of a small town rodeo on a Friday night. You just have to be able to appreciate these things.



The rodeo was on Friday. I can't even remember what we did Saturday....



I seriously had to ask Scott cause I couldn't remember. But how could I forget? We spent the entire day in class learning about labor and delivery. Doesn't that sound fun?



I'm just going to blow right past that whole experience... though a highlight in our lives to be sure.







No comments:

Post a Comment