Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Day More

Except I'm convinced he'll take his sweet time. I'm thinking Labor Day... sounds like a good day to go into labor?



Not much to say right now. I have a ton to say... but not much to say right now. Which is probably good since it's 2:30 in the morning. I shouldn't have too much to say right about now, right? I originally woke up to the amazing lightening and thunder show. Scott joined me... unable to sleep in the heat. So we decided to relocate to the main floor to see if it was any cooler. We brought our pillows and a fan, and then tried to get settled on the couch.



I walked around for a little bit feeling restless. "Scott, want to go on a walk around the block? Scott, want to watch a show? Scott, want me turn on that light? Scott, are you even sleepy? Oh. You are? Oh. Okay. Sorry."



So I did a load of laundry, wrote a thank you note or two, organized some things for meetings tomorrow, looked up some recipe blogs and a blog about punctuation errors (aren't I cool?), and then decided to organize my google contacts a little bit. What should i do next? Time contractions?



You know... now would be a fabulous time for little man to join our family. I'm already up and looking for something to do! Chances are he's going to pick the one night that I'm sleeping soundly, totally exhausted, to wake us up with the news that he's on his way.



And that would be just fine with me. Come any time you'd like, Little Man! (Maybe wait until my doctor gets back from her trip... Monday at 3pm sound good?)



Ben cracks me up. Every time I see him, the first thing he asks me (and this has been going on for months),

"Um... Windsy... What time is that baby coming out?"

I usually respond with, "I don't know, Ben... maybe two o'clock... or three."

"Maybe he's coming out in a hundred! I think he's coming in a hundred."

"Okay, Ben. If he comes out in a hundred, I'll buy you an ice cream."



We had a lot of fun today... even though it was a bit of a weird Saturday. We expected to have a baby by now, so it was the first Saturday in a while that we didn't already make a plan for. It's frustrating to have a free Saturday, but to not be able to climb, bike, kayak, or hike. Last Saturday we did the Farmer's Market thing, went swimming, went for walks, and thought it was our last Saturday as a family of two. Nope. We might even have another one next Saturday. Who knows?



So today we got up and helped with the ward clean-up assignment (not too exciting), got the truck washed, ate at Smashburger, and then made our way to my mom and dad's house for a swim. We hung with Johnny and my mom for a bit, and by the time we went to jump in the pool, we found out that it was heated to 99 degrees! Utah is SO HOT right now! So the water was hotter than the air, and we realized we needed a plan B. Scott attempted a bike ride on the Shoreline, but was turned around shortly after start since it was so blistering hot! I had a little downtime with my mom in her air-conditioned home. After about an hour, we all made our way to Grandma and Grandpa's: Kirsten, Nick, Andrew, Ben, SJ, Mom, Dad, Johnny, Scott, and me. Doug is waiting out a hurricane in NY... so he doesn't need to go swimming (By the way, Andrew's been paranoid all day that Doug is about to have a hurricane. He's been so worried about him). It was fun to have everyone gathered at my Grandma's pool... just like when we were little. The boys took turns learning how to dive, and SJ decided she's a competent swimmer on her own (uh oh). My mom and grandma sat by the pool and watched all the kids show off, while my grandpa moved stuff from one side of his yard to the other... and then back to where it came from again. Scott taught Andrew how to swim to the bottom of the deep end. And Johnny and Nick got into a wrestling match that really had no outcome and I'm thinking they need a rematch. The pool was nice and cool... and I am so appreciative of that whole weightless effect. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for letting us raise the volume at your house! We got Redbones for dinner, which was delicious, and ate it at Mom and Dad's. Root beer floats shortly after, and then we called it a night. What a fun day our Saturday became!



Last night was also fun. Salt Lake is just so fun in the summer. There's a concert on nearly ever corner on every night of the week, it seems. I think the whole city just gets really excited about the weather and wants to stay outside until the snow comes. We decided to catch the "Movie Under the Stars" at the Capitol lawn. It was kind of funny... because this week's movie was "Tangled," which probably wasn't Scott's first choice. But we met friends there, brought root beer and snacks, and spent such a pleasant night camped out on blankets in the avenues hills. It was the perfect temperature, and the perfect way to spend a Friday night.



Should I give sleep the second go-around? Before you answer... let's be realistic. Is it even possible to fall asleep when you have High School Musical songs mysteriously stuck in your head? (No. I'm not embarrassed that I know them... just a little peeved at the bad timing. It's like the small-world song. There's just never a good time to have that one stuck in your head).



I'll give it a shot and see if I can catch a little bit of a snooze. Tomorrow we have a lovely Sunday of church and meetings, followed by the blessing of Brad and Angie's little girl down in Provo. We're looking forward to seeing friends, as well as checking on the status of our favorite peach orchard. We usually buy a humongous box at the end of every summer (and devour them all). I wonder if they're ripe and ready yet!



Oh, look at that. I found some things to say. Shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment