Tuesday, August 24, 2010

El fin de Semana

So much going on at our house! I used my day off last Friday to do an extreme clean of each room of the house. I did enough vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, cupboards, closets, counters, dishes, laundry, sweeping, and mopping to last... well only a week as it turns out because I feel like I need to do it all over again!!! No, it does feel good to know that everything has had a recent deep clean, and all I need to do is keep it clean as I go so I don't let it get bad at all. Also on Friday, I got everything together for Scott's scout camp out up at the Brush Creek Caves in Vernal. I'm so jealous I couldn't go! But Adam and Matt were nice enough to go with Scott as assistant Scout Masters for the weekend, and they had a great time. Scott has an awesome and interesting group of boys; he said the trip was a blast. I'll post pictures soon.

(The picture saga goes as follows: I can't load them from camera to computer until we get an external hard drive. So I've got a ton of stuff built up...ready to go on the blog)

While the boys were camping, Beckah and I had a camping trip at our house. We went to the Farmer's market, watched a movie, went to breakfast the next morning. It was fun to have Beckah to keep me company while Scott was gone. We missed Loral, though!

So I worked on Saturday, and Scott was so sweet when he came to pick me up after his trip. He showed up with two pictures he had drawn saying asking me whether I was up for a sporty night out or a nice night out. I told him I'd just love to hang out with him whatever we did. He showed up with dinner which we ate up at the capitol, one of our favorite spots to relax, and then we went down to the Gateway to see Inception, which was AWESOME. I was so excited I understood everything. Scott was so sweet to me this weekend, he even shopped in Anthropology with me, which is the mark of a really nice... and patient... guy.

Sunday was a busy day. Scott had morning sacrament service at the psych ward at Salt Lake Regional Hospital. I had a morning singing practice. Scott taught Young Men's in Spanish because one of our boys is from Peru and the other one is from the DR. I sang in sacrament meeting and spoke as part of our Young Women's program. After church Scott took sacrament around to all the elderly members of our ward. Then we went up to see our cousin Matt who just got home from his mission in Texas. Then we stopped by Kirsten and Nick's to wish Andrew good luck on his first day of Kindergarten. Sarajane is getting to be such a funny little peanut! I love her! Benjamin and Scott are pretty good buddies. I love watching them hang out together because they're actually a lot alike! I am convinced that Scott would want to have kids right away if he could guarantee he'd get one just like Ben.

Monday was a busy day, but we got everything we needed at Ikea to finally finish our closet organizer upstairs. I've put all the pieces together this morning, and Scott's going to help me finish everything later today! It'll be so nice to finally have a place to put everything. Scott has been inheriting some nice suits and dress shirts from Doug (who just moved to DC and has been getting rid of all kinds of clothes), so we need a nice organized place to put everything. It's funny how you grow into a place. It's hard for me to believe that we fit all of our stuff into our old apartment on South Temple. Where did we fit everything??? We love our apartment. It has so much natural light and is so spacious but cozy at the same time. I love coming home to such a pleasant apartment!!

The biggest news is coming last only because I'm going chronologically. SCOTTY STARTED SCHOOL TODAY!!!! He begins his first day as an MBA student starting TODAY at 4pm. I am so excited for him and proud of him! He'll do GREAT and I can't wait to hear all about the first day. (I even made him eat off the "I am Special" plate this morning and I took pictures of him before he left.... he he he)

No comments:

Post a Comment