Monday, August 30, 2010

La Boda

The whole reason for the trip was to celebrate the wedding of these two!!



John and Ishigh had a gorgeous wedding filled with many Persian traditions and a lot...a LOT.... A LOT of dancing. We loved it! Ishigh's family is Iranian, and we felt like we were on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" a little bit as we watched the night unfold. Scott and I embraced it and joined in the dancing whenever we could. I felt like I ended up doing some weird kind of hula. And Scotty felt like he was doing some bouncy river dance. We had a blast! We loved meeting Ishigh's family, seeing the two of them so happy, and making some fun family memories.



I think Scott and John look a lot alike. Especially when Scott's not clean-shaven. John asked Scott to be a groomsmen, which was a really special way for Scott to be able to be part of the day.



Scott and I got up at 5:30 this morning after a long night of home improvement projects (which I will proudly show off when they're all finished). But since the second we got up, we've seen intense lightening and storming. I LOVE it! It's so dreary, but I love it! It smells so crisp and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment