Monday, August 30, 2010

Rockcrest Reunion

One of the highlights of our Vancouver trip was meeting Scott's extended family and seeing the homes where so many family memories take place. Rick sent us this picture of Scott's Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma, John and Lydia, in front of their old house. This picture was probably taken around 1945. We walked through the house at Rockcrest, which is just a couple houses down from the house that Scott remembers visiting as a kid to see his Grandpa Jack and Grandma Margaret (now belonging to his Uncle Craig and Aunt Anita - where we stayed during the wedding). It was so fun to meet everyone and to see so much history behind the Hannay family.

We took a walk with everyone down to the beach to look for beach glass and smash pennies on the railroad tracks. I loved hanging out with all the cousins and getting to know everyone better.


Scott was all over the blackberry bushes... I think it was definitely in his top three favorites for the trip. We had so much fun snacking on all the berries. They were delicious, and we hit them right at the perfect time of the season! I got up on Scott's shoulders to reach the really good "unattainable" ones. It reminded me of picking berries with Scotty back in Oregon at the beginning of it all.







The swimming pool at Rockcrest. It was a little too chilly outside for me to jump in. I was having some lung problems the whole trip, so I stayed bundled up.


It was so great getting the family together! And I hope it happens much more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment