Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bryant Lake

I'm sold on Bryant Lake.

After going with four friends and their kids on Thursday, I was so excited to take Scott. Now I'm excited to take anyone who comes to visit. Come visit? 

We spent Saturday morning relaxing post-campout, let the kids have long afternoon naps, and then we spent the late afternoon and early evening at Bryant Lake before getting dinner and calling it a night. Peter and Brooklyn are both beach lovers. Brooklyn couldn't get enough of the water. She and I swam out pretty far together! She also loved crab walking around in the sand. There were some definite sand-eating attempts, but she learned her lesson pretty quickly. Peter had so much fun having his first surfing lesson with his dad, swimming like a big kid in the lake with his mom, and building a big sand castle village. Scott got a bit of his beach fill (although I'm sure he wishes he was an an ocean with a surf board), and I couldn't stop grinning as I watched my kids have such a fun day. 

Peter was very excited about going surfing for the first time. Here he is checking out the waves in his daddy's old swim suit.










No comments:

Post a Comment