Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lagoon Day and the Zoo-oo-oo

We love OC Tanner Lagoon Day. I'm so happy that our Utah trip in June coordinated with Lagoon Day, because it is one of our favorite traditions. The kids had a blast and were so good! Brooklyn and Emmy were content to miss their naps. We were prepared to run home for a nap break at Kirsten's, but they did great! Peter fell asleep in the stroller while we had a little ice cream break. I can't believe he did, but it was so perfect. This year was so fun for Peter, because he was able to go on more rides with his big cousins. And Brooklyn loved sitting next to her cousin Emmy in the stroller. By dinnertime we had everybody there (except Doug), and we were able to go on a few rides. Scott and Nick took the kids home for us after dinner while my mom, John, Alyssa, Kirsten, and I stayed a little later. It was so fun to have a little time without kids... even though we kind of acted like kids. We did the white roller coaster, tried to do the water slides (but they were closed), and smashed Johnny in bumper cars. I will never forget John in the corner and my mom inexplicably zooming backwards. Her face was priceless.










I was excited to see the newly remodeled Hogle Zoo. We endured the construction, but moved just before it was finished! I miss having a zoo pass and being able to walk to the zoo from my house. We went the second day we were in town, and Peter was running around like a madman. He was so happy to be in familiar territory with his cousins. He was so happy and excited! I felt like an awful mother for taking him from this familiar environment and uprooting him to Minneapolis. He's doing great here... a little bit of new anxiety... but it was definitely an adjustment. I know he misses his calm little life in Utah when things made a little more sense. I'm right there with him. It was the greatest thing ever to go to the zoo with my mom and sisters. Thank goodness for frequent flyer miles and unfailingly generous parents! 






How many aunts would take a week off work just to have undivided time with their niece and nephew? Alyssa, the one and only. 







No comments:

Post a Comment