Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Cabin

We are pretty obsessed with the cabin. Peter broke down in tears when he facetimed my mom the other day and saw the cabin in the background. He went into meltdown mode when he realized she was holding a marble (oh, the marbles). We can't wait to spend some serious time there this winter when we make our way back to Utah next. 

I'm throwing the last few months up on the blog pretty randomly. So this was from our trip to Utah in June that got lost somewhere in the shuffle. We were there for three weeks, and Scott flew in on the weekends to spend time with us. It was so great to be back home, for all of us. Scott and I loved going to our ward and seeing our friends and neighbors. We loved seeing family and spending time doing all the things we love. We were there over father's day and Scott's birthday. He got to spend the day doing exactly what he loves... hanging at the cabin with the family (with a little canoeing and dirt biking). 

I love everyone in this picture. And everyone who should be, but isn't (babies... brother). 


There are so many things we love to do at the cabin. Let's get the first thing out of the way. Eat. We like to eat at the cabin, and we eat things that we ordinarily would never eat. Like kit kat bars. A lot of them. Why do we even have them at the cabin? Scott snacks on bacon... and everything else. I can't count the amount of times Scott has been caught by various family members hiding in the food pantry, guiltily.  Scott scolded my brothers for eating ice cream for breakfast on his first family trip (Hawaii, right before our wedding). "Do you have any idea what eating that for breakfast can do to your pancreas?" I think Scott's pancreas is now part Petersen.

I'm pretty sure I took this picture after we had been at the cabin for about ten minutes. Scott wasted no time getting all situated on the front deck. He works hard. He deserves it. 


Brooklyn's loves hats. "Haa! Haa!" This one used to be Peter's!





I was in heaven. I seriously ache to see these pictures, knowing I'm not in those mountains. 

The kids were in heaven too. They love their cabin. They love their cousins. They love their Grandma and Papa most. 




Nick, Scott, John, Andrew, and Ben went out for a four-wheeling/dirt biking ride. These boys had a blast, young and old. They were covered in dirt and happy as can be.







We'll just finish this post off with a picture of Brooklyn in a monkey hat. Because... come on! It's too cute. I'm pretty sure I got that hat for Doug for Christmas one year. I can't imagine why it wound up at the cabin and not in his everyday casual-wear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment