Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hyland Park

There is no end to gorgeous green around here. I keep thinking of the line from James Taylor, sung in Peter's bedtime song, "Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose." This is the closest I've ever felt to living in the Lake District. This is the state of 10,000 lakes, so it makes sense. I find myself quoting Wordsworth in my head as I jog these lake trails.

Brooklyn conked in the stroller while Peter and I ate popsicles and took a long walk around Hyland Park. It's one of my favorite spots. Scott and I took the kids out on a boat there a few weeks ago, and it is so peaceful. Aside from the gigantic climbing structure for kids, you can go for miles without seeing another person. I like to pack lunches and take my time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment