Friday, July 25, 2014

Peter's "Ocean"

This is our morning walk/run/bike ride. It's the view from the top of our street. It is ideal. Perfect breeze, perfect view. Peter calls the lake below his "ocean." From the main path we branch off into high-grass overlooks or forested trails. It is the best way to start the day. Peter asked me one day if he could see the mountains. I had a moment of sadness that we were on the highest hill around. I miss my mountains madly. But I can't complain about this big Midwestern sky and the fuzzy green fields. It is all too gorgeous. 



Below you'll find one of those not-so-glamorous-this-is-my-real-life-in-a-nutshell-pictures. I had picked up the mail and let Peter lead me up the street to his ocean. I had Brooklyn in the carrier, the mail in my hand, and a tired little walker on my shoulders. I spend most of the walk home trying to keep Peter's shoe out of his sister's mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment