Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Welcome Back, Muffin

I love being a mom. I love being their mom: Peter's and Brooklyn's. 

This is just one reason why.
Well, today I had to run into the little cupcake shop for a quick stop, and I left the shop with a couple little cupcake samples. I gave one to Peter, strapped in his car seat, and he lit up with joy. "Oh, hey there muffin! Welcome back!" 
He gobbled it down, and then kept talking to his muffin buddy the whole way home, despite it being in Peter's tummy.  

Brooklyn has a nasty combo of cold and teething, which is resulting in gunk coming down her face constantly, poor girl. But she still insists on giving big, open-mouthed kisses twenty times a day. And on the lips, not cheek. I'll never turn down one of those kisses, wet as they may be. So it's no mystery as to why I've gotten a cold as well. 

Peter as a new habit of saying, "Thanks Mom." He's always been so good at saying thank you. He is such a sweetheart. But lately his "Thanks Mom" just makes him sound like a teenager.  

I am watching the Sound of Music tonight while I work on a dozen projects. I have crush on Captain Von Trapp. Shhhhhh.



No comments:

Post a Comment